Reach for the moon and shine like the starts is part of our range of eco-friendly, recycled and compostable greetings cards.
This card is FSC certified and printed on recycled board. It is printed using environmentally friendly vegetable-based inks. It comes with a white recycled envelope. Both are made from 100% recycled, unbleached material, meaning they can be fully recycled and are compostable. They come in a clear bio-degradable and compostable corn starch bag.
The card is blank inside for you to write your own message.
This card has been designed by UK artist Kate Andrew, and is produced and printed in the UK.
This card measures 153mm square.
Kate Andrew lives in a small village in South Devon with her husband, two sons and their dog, Maggie. She has always loved art and whenever she has a pen or pencil in her hand she is usually drawing. She loves using colour and pattern, and is often influenced by nature. She really enjoys having new ideas and the process of developing them into a piece of art. She feels very privileged to be able to do something that she feels so passionate about.
Mix and match 3 for £6
Purchase any three single greetings cards for just £6.
Add them to your basket and the discount will be automatically added at checkout.
About Eco-Friendly Card Co.
They offer customers positive environmental choices for cards and stationery.
Their set of eco-commitments are:
- Everything is FSC® certified: First direct-to-retail publisher to attain an FSC chain of custody (2006). Responsible forest management ensures that the harvest of timber products maintains the forest's biodiversity, productivity, and ecological processes. It’s the only certification scheme endorsed by WWF, Friends of the Earth & Greenpeace.
- Recycled card: All cards have a recycled content. The percentage of the recycled content is specify on the back of the card. Most of their cards are 100% recycled post-consumer waste. They even have some cards made from 50% recycled post-industrial coffee cup waste!
- Recycled envelopes: All envelopes are made with 100% recycled paper. They only use paper containing post-consumer waste and, wherever possible, it is made in the UK.
- Vegetable based inks: They only use vegetable-based inks. Replacing the ‘mineral-oil’ in inks with vegetable-oil (typically made from soybean or linseed) reduces VOC emissions.
- Recyclable: They ensure that everything they make can be easily recycled. They don’t use foil, flitter, glitter or plastic-based laminates.
- No plastic packaging: They became the first card company to use compostable bags back in 2006. Every bag they use is made from corn starch, and is certified as compostable (standard EN13432). This means it will break down in 45 days in industrial composting conditions (like those run by local authorities for garden or food waste). If you have a lovely hot compost heap or bin at home then it will also break down - that normally takes longer than 45 days - and they do need heat and moisture to compost. They never use oxo-degradable OPP bags which just break down into tiny pieces of plastic, but don't compost.
- Made in the UK: They live in the UK, as do most of their customers, so they have always printed and manufactured everything they make in the United Kingdom.
- Green energy: All of their offices are powered by Green Energy. Cards are also printed on presses that are powered by Green Energy.
- Carbon Zero: They offset their carbon emissions via CO2 Balance and their African stove project.