Looking for cruelty-free, non-toxic and vegan nail varnish? Look no further than LivOliv.
They are a family run business based in Poole, Dorset, UK, and make a selection of nail varnishes, nail and hand care products.
All of LivOliv products are PETA Beauty Without Bunnies certified cruelty-free.
They don't agree with the use of harsh, toxic chemicals in nail polish, so all their nail varnishes are free from the following nine toxic chemicals that are commonly used in many brands of nail varnish.
The '9 free' promise they offer is that all their products are free from:
- Formaldehyde: A known human carcinogen, and can cause cancer.
- Formaldehyde resin is derived from formaldehyde. It’s not as toxic or harmful, but can still be an allergen.
- Toluene: A liquid solvent used as a nail polish thinner. It can make you feel dizzy & sick. It is also a skin irritant and may cause liver damage as well as foetal development damage to unborn babies. This chemical is derived from petroleum.
- DBP: A commonly used plasticiser that has been linked to cancer.
- Camphor: A poison, plasticiser, and rust repellent. This chemical acts as a cover on your nails, it prevents them from receiving essential natural vitamins from sunlight and oxygen.
- Xylene: An aromatic hydrocarbon widely used as a solvent.
- Ethyl tosylamide: Serves as a plasticizer and film-former in nail polish.
- Triphenyl phosphate: A flame retardant and plasticizer. An increasing number of studies have linked exposure to Triphenyl phosphate with reproductive and developmental toxicity, neurotoxicity, metabolic disruption, endocrine effects, and genotoxicity.
- Parabens: A type of preservative used to prolong shelf life in many health and beauty products. They have been linked to breast cancer and reproductive issues.